Tuesday 21 November 2017

Monday 20th Results - So Close Yet So Far

Evening Guys,

Last night I played a full session of Sky tournaments in the £500 Challenge and streamed it all live on Twitch.

It was an up and down night at the tables that started well, we were in good position in 3 tournaments simultaneously (£5.50 Rebuy BH, £5.50 BH, £7.70 BH) Picking up stacks and bounties in each of them early to put us in a really good position heading into the later part of the session.

But, unfortunately things didn't run out well for us, failing to cash in all three of the key tournament runs on the night.
The sickest spot of the 3 was no doubt in the £5.50 Rebuy BH, which we ended up bubbling, although we did make money due to picking up bounties.



At this point everyone was super short, the chip leader had 20BB's and the average was around 10. I was in the BB with A2o and facing a limper from EP, I decided to check my option. The flop rolled out A82 rainbow. 
I called a bet from the original limper hoping to induce some bluffs on later streets.
I checked turn (T) and he did indeed shuv, he then flipped over A8 for a bigger two pair and with the river bringing a blank, sick spot given the situation but other than just jamming pre I think I played it fine.

Lets get to the full results - 


So, a small loss on the day overall but we were in position to go deep in a lot of events, ending up being a night of what could've been.

I will personally be back on Twitch most likely tomorrow evening, but will be grinding off stream this evening. The reason for not streaming is, as some of you know that watched yesterday, I'm not feeling great and I just need some time to rest and recover the voice to go again tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great night and I will hopefully see some of you at the tables once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Challenge Update

Just a quick update on the bankroll.  We've hit a pretty big downswing from basically the beginning of this year, finishing the session ...