Monday 23 October 2017

Bankroll Management (£500 Challenge)

Welcome back people. 

I just wanted to take some time on my day off the tables to go over the bankroll management limits I am following for this challenge. 
It will give you guys a rough idea of when I may be close to moving up/down throughout the challenge.




Level 1 I've only gone for around 20 buy ins, I think this is fine for any reasonably experienced players, especially when playing the slower structures. 
The fields tend to be super soft and you can print money in these games if you are disciplined.

Level 2 is the £5.50's, these account for the bulk of my sessions on a daily basis. On my current bankroll they are perfect, however I have put a very aggressive £100 BR on them.
This can be changed to £150 - £200 if you don't feel as confident, but I think £100 is okay as long as you are willing to move down after losing a few buy ins.

Level 3 is currently the highest I can go to, and I am actually quite close to having to cut them out from my session's right now. 
£350 is the minimum you want before you move up to the 11s in my opinion, however you can play them with less if you, again feel happy to drop down if necessary. You can still add in some sunday and special one off 11s. 

Level 4 will be the next jump for me in the challenge, you only really get one or two £22's a day to play, but they are nice to be able to flick in if you have the bankroll to do so.

Level 5 I have gone for £33 and above, simply because there aren't a lot of buy ins per day on Sky over that buy in. You will be able to play 2 - 3 of these max per day, so the £33's I'd be happy to take a shot at with £1k and for the £55's, you may want to have £1500 - £2000.


But, to grind the £110 tournaments you would need to be significantly higher rolled for them. I haven't gone into detail with the buy ins you need for those because it's all personal preference and how much you are willing to risk.

Sky is a site you can generally be more aggressive with tournament bankroll management due to the soft games and smaller fields. 
You don't have to follow the rules that the stars players follow because a lot of the tournaments on there have 10x or more than a Sky MTT. This only increases variance and means you need more buy ins to account for that.

I hope this can help some of you out there that are new to the game or are just playing and were not aware of this concept. 

I'll leave this on a separate page for new people in the blog to easily access and for you to refer back to easily. 

Let me know in the comments below if you disagree with any of the points I made here.

I'll be back soon with the next session and a winning day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Challenge Update

Just a quick update on the bankroll.  We've hit a pretty big downswing from basically the beginning of this year, finishing the session ...