Tuesday 17 October 2017

Tuesday Session Recap

The session started relatively well getting an early KO in the £5.50 BH.
But pretty much immediately after that I two barrel bluffed my stack off in the 2.20 BH early, pretty trivial spot, ace on the river I was the aggressor thought I could rep it and got snapped off by a weak Ax hand. I believe that is what's known as a "punt".

I then intended to obviously load up the two satellites at 18.50 but only one popped up, the 4.40, the 3.60 was cancelled due to lack of runners.
So I did pretty well in the satty, it paid 2 players buy only 1st got the seat from the 9 runners that started. But I ended up finishing 3rd after getting in A9<A5 for the chip lead.
Would've pretty much had the seat locked up if I won that one.

So, because I only had the one table left I loaded up a few sng's. I played two 3.30 DON's and one 5.50 DON (Double or Nothing).
I cashed both the 3.30s, but unfortunately couldn't get it done in the 5.50 leaving me pretty much break even on those.

I then got it in with AT<A7 for a big stack in the £5.50 BH and couldn't hold, so again I put myself in a good position in the tournament, just needed the cards to be on my side.

I also forgot to mention I had a pretty bad headache throughout the session so I decided to cut it short and make the last tournament the Mini Gold Rush.
I just couldn't really focus 100% through the pain so I think this was the smarter option.

I couldn't get much going in the £2.20 Deep and BH and busted those in the mid stages. The last one I had was the Mini Gold Rush.
It started pretty well I won a 28k pot pretty early in a near perfect spot on the turn with TP and a nut flush draw vs a smaller flush draw and weaker Ax.


This also got me my first bounty of the tournament. I was around 78% when the chips went in on the turn.

I then went pretty card dead, winning a few blinds here and then, ending up putting my money in with A9o in this spot.


And, the button here had QQ, A9o is just too strong in this spot imo. Think he can have a pretty wide range OTB here, even with the weird sizing. Couldn't get there and ended up finishing around 70th in the end.

Here is a rundown of the session and the £+/-


Total Tournaments - 6
MTT Profit/Loss -  -£17.78
SNG Profit/Loss -  -£0.10
Total Profit/Loss -  -£17.88

Current Bankroll - £455

No cashes on the night but only 6 tournaments and I put myself in positions to go deep and get big stacks in most. Happy with how I played even though I couldn't fully focus with the headache.

£18 down is nothing, I will be back with a full session very soon and i'm sure I'll be back in the profit before you know it.

Just want to say thanks to all the feedback for the blog so far, and the comments over on the Sky forums. Might add in some more £11's in the near future, and try more satellites into the bigger events.

Until then, I hope you all have a good night and I'll see you all next time. Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Challenge Update

Just a quick update on the bankroll.  We've hit a pretty big downswing from basically the beginning of this year, finishing the session ...