Monday 23 October 2017

Sunday Results

Sunday, sunday, sunday.... It can be a great day for an online poker player, or it can be a disappointing one. For me, this time it was the later. 

The session started pretty bad, I busted the £5.50 and early £11 pretty quick but my first deep run came in the form of the £7.70 BH. I managed to pick up a stack and some bounties early and because of the fast nature of the tournament, was pretty quickly nearing the bubble. 

I then think I made a misplay, but i'll go through it and you guys can let me know if this was a mistake or not. 

I open the button with KQo, the BB flats. Flop Q97 2 diamonds. I bet around half the pot, villain calls. Turn is another 7. I bet around 1k (half the pot) and villain shuvs for around 3k more. 
I decided to call off because of the money I had invested into the pot, and the pot odds I was getting. 
Thought he could still have some flush draws with a pair, but is the villains range too strong here to call off? 

Anyway, that left me with around 10 bigs and I got it in with AT vs A5 and lost, but the key hand was obviously the one previous.

The second deep run came in the form of the £11 Bounty Hunter at 20.15. I picked up a lot of big bounties throughout and was feeling super confident in my game. 
But, a couple losing flips later and that was it, I cashed for around £25 in 11th place.
I was never really super deep stacked, but managed to pick off some nice bounties along the way.



Let's take a look at the results table - 




Total Tournaments - 8 Extra's - 1 (£3.60 BH Satty)
Tournament Profit/Loss - £- 25.69
Sit n Go Profit/Loss - £- 6.60
Total Profit/Loss - £- 31.29

Bankroll - £395


So, another losing day, and the biggest one to date. Not what I needed for the challenge, but I honestly still feel very confident I can pull this back. 
At stages last night I felt like I way more focused than I had been throughout this challenge.

The variance in tournaments is very high as I'm sure a lot of you are aware. I've just got to keep focused, make sure I'm playing my best and the results will follow. 

I'm going to take this evening off, work on my game and go over the last few sessions to see what I can improve on, and be back fresh tuesday to get back to winning ways.

Until then, I'll see you all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Challenge Update

Just a quick update on the bankroll.  We've hit a pretty big downswing from basically the beginning of this year, finishing the session ...